Focusing the energy of an energetic child can seem like a full-time job. They won’t sit still. Always fidgeting. Constant movement and sometimes a lack of focus. That doesn’t have to be a bad thing. In fact, it can be focused into lessons that are both effective and fun.
Here are some entertaining activities to help your child focus that energy:
1. Participate In Sports Physical activity is essential for a child. In fact, it’s recommended that children receive 60 minutes of physical activity per day. Playing organized sports – in a team or individual setting – is a fun way to get that physical activity while building social skills. Individual sports like martial arts, tennis, swimming and running can harness energy, as can team sports such as basketball, football and soccer.
2. Take Dancing, Acting or Singing Lessons If your child is interested, learning an instrument or becoming active in drama can be excellent activities. They serve as an energy outlet while requiring focus, coordination and study.
3. Have Some Social Time Playing games with both family and friends can instill some skills such as patience, focus, strategy and taking turns. Board games and non-competitive, cooperative games work well.
4. Set Up Obstacle Courses Setting up an obstacle course around the house or yard can burn some energy while also fostering creativity. Use the items in your house to create the course. Building an obstacle course and then timing your children as they race through it can be fun for hours!
5. Wrestling Whether its jumping on mom or dad or playfully wrestling whether it’s appropriate or not, kids like a little roughhousing and there are plenty of benefits as well. If available, there are also many benefits to organized wrestling.
Benefits Of Exercise In Children
Even if it’s not a matter of focusing excess energy in your child, it’s clearly beneficial to encourage your child to participate in physical activity.
Physical activity can increase cognitive development
Physical fitness leads to lower rates of obesity
Development of a broad array of sensory skills
Regular exercise promotes positive self-image and emotional response
Active children become active and healthy adults
All of this may seem like a lot, but it isn’t. Luckily, there’s a place where you can have your child focus excess energy while sharpening discipline and skill. There’s also a benefit of getting out of the house and exercising and socializing with other kids.
At one of more than 240 NinjaZone locations, your energetic child can improve discipline and mental and physical skills while focusing their energy on something fun.
The Ninja Sport is growing. Your child can focus energy in a positive and constructive way – without it seeming like a chore. Your child can build healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
Here’s a brief description of each Ninja Sport’s level and emphasis:
Lil’ Ninja Program For children ages 3-5, beginners are introduced to an age-appropriate mix of gymnastics, martial arts and obstacle training concepts. Listening, confidence and exploration are emphasized.
Ninja Training For children ages 5-11, our Ninja Training program teaches a series of safe flips, rolls, kicks and jumps. Bone- and muscle-strengthening exercises are emphasized.
Ninja Girls For children ages 5-11, our progressive system teaches a series of safe flips, rolls, jumps and kicks. Strength and agility are emphasized.
Don’t be worried about entertaining a child with endless energy. Use that energy for good. Find your local NinjaZone and provide your child with the aerobic and strength-building activity to focus their energy in a healthy, confident and creative way.