School is starting up soon! There’s a long list of things you need to get ready. From all the supply shopping to your child’s first-day jitters it can be hard to keep track of everything you need to be prepared! Here are 8 tips to help get you ready for the back-to-school season.
1. Re-adjust your kids’ sleep schedule two weeks before school starts.
This will help them to get back into the swing of things. The two weeks will help cause their sleep schedule to readjust in time for the school year.
2. Find a program or activity that your kid can do after school.
Extracurriculars are a great way to keep your child involved. They also have another opportunity to make new friends!
3. Let your kids play a part in picking out supplies and clothes.
Having them help pick out their pencils, binders, or clothes can make the back-to-school season more enjoyable! Need a cool backpack?? Check this one out!
4. Have your kid set some goals for the year.
Setting goals will help keep your kids motivated going into the school year. For some helpful information on goal setting check out this excellent blog post here!
5. Have backup transportation.
Nothing is worse than scrambling to find your kid a ride if the car breaks down, or they miss the bus. Make sure you have a backup plan so your kids are on time for some serious learning!
6. Set your clocks forward 10 minutes.
It has worked time and time again! Tricking yourself into thinking that you are running late but you end up being on time!
7. Do something fun before the school year starts.
This will help to ease the stress and get a last 00-rah in!
8. Get pumped!
Get excited! The school year is starting! Your Ninja is ready to tackle another awesome year!